Thursday, 15 August 2013

Shadow


Dear Shadow,



I'm not sure what to call you but Shadow seems appropriate. You follow me around and take my form and sometimes, like today, you loom large over me and threaten to envelop me in your black eternity. We've fought so many times and sometimes you may think you have won but I promise you that you never will. You never will. There have been days where it is more tempting to lie down and let you take what light I have in my mind rather than fight for my sanity, but soon I will be blessed with a little girl that needs her daddy to be strong. If I give in to you and let you win I will never be able to look her in the eye and tell her I will fight the monsters under her bed, because deep down i'll know that I am scared of my own shadow. 
Today is the closest you have come to winning. You will never get that close again. Not because I'm stronger, but because I cannot afford to be weaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment